The Yenching Academy is currently inviting and accepting Applications for 125 fully funded postgraduate scholarships to study in China. Chinese and International students from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme. This postgraduate opportunity is aimed at creating a community of enthusiastic, globally oriented young innovators in the heart of China’s top university.
Since its founding in 1898, Peking University has played a central role in China’s modern history. With its innovative, interdisciplinary curriculum and rigorously selected cohort of young scholars from around the world, the Yenching Academy is serving to enhance the educational excellence at Peking University.
Level/Field of study:
The scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate programme to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
The scholarship is hosted by the Peking University in China.
Scholarship is open to Chinese, as well as international students and students from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The Yenching Academy provides a generous postgraduate scholarship that covers tuition fees, a travel stipend for one round-trip journey between each Scholar’s base city and Beijing, accommodations, and living costs on Peking University’s campus.
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 125 new students from both China and abroad, to study, live, and learn together.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 125 new students from both China and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. Approximately 20% of students are recruited from Mainland China, while 80% are international students and students from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan.
Requirements for Mainland Chinese Candidates are as Follows:
- Graduate from a Mainland Chinese university in 2018 (any major)
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of issues facing China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, and social responsibility;
- Leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
- Successful applicants will demonstrate how the Yenching Academy program is relevant and valuable for their career plans.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have Graduate from a Mainland Chinese university in 2018 (any major).
- English Language Requirements: English proficiency test score (IELTS Type A/TOEFL/CET Band 4 and Band 6/TEM-4 and TEM-8).
Candidates who hold citizenship of the People’s Republic of China will be admitted on the basis of rules specified by the Ministry of Education of China. According to these regulations, candidates must qualify for exemption from the graduate entrance examination based on their Mainland Chinese University’s recommendations.
Applicants will be asked to create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application;
- Personal statement (in English; 750 words or less);
- English Curriculum Vitae;
- Chinese Curriculum Vitae;
- Most recent official transcript;
- Official Class Rank Form;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- English proficiency test score (IELTS Type A/TOEFL/CET Band 4 and Band 6/TEM-4 and TEM-8).
More details about required documents are available through the admissions portal after creating an account.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date.
Application Deadline is in July Annually. Information about International, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan recruitment for the 2019 Cohort will become available in the summer of 2018.